Managing your healthcare and finding your way to helpful information can be difficult.
In this section we share information, tips and links to consumer friendly advice to help you work with your healthcare team and manage your healthcare.
- Great places to find disease and general health information
- Understanding the Australian health system
- Working with my healthcare team
- Using medicines
- Understanding my tests
How do we select the information and links featured on ourhealth?
Some of the questions we ask when choosing information to share in the ‘Find your way’ section of ourhealth include:
- Is the information provided by an Australian not-for-profit organisation, University or government?
- Is it consumer-friendly and produced to meet the best interest of consumers without any other undisclosed purpose?
- Does it meet recognised codes/criteria for reliable information provided via the internet: these include things like accreditation by HON (Health on the Net) or partnership in healthDirect.