The Consumers Health Forum of Australia (CHF) is the national peak body representing the interests of Australian healthcare consumers. CHF provides a strong national voice for health consumers and support consumer participation in health policy and program decision making.
CHF and our network of more than 150 member organisations around Australia work to ensure better healthcare and better health information for Australian patients, carers and their families.
What does the Consumers Health Forum do?
The Consumers Health Forum works to achieve safe, quality, timely healthcare for all Australians, supported by accessible health information and systems. We work with government, health professionals, industry, researchers and consumer and community organisations.
How do we do it?
The Consumers Health Forum is an advocacy organisation. We provide policy input, support consumer participation in health decision-making and provide a consumer perspective on health to government, industry and the media. We work to:
- provide a strong national voice for health consumers and support consumer participation in health policy and program decision making
- advocate for appropriate and equitable healthcare
- undertake consumer-based research and develop a strong consumer knowledge base
- identify key issues in safety and quality of health services for consumers
- raise the health literacy of consumers, health professionals and stakeholders
- our members’ knowledge, experience and involvement
- development of an integrated healthcare system that values the consumer experience
- early intervention, prevention and early diagnosis
- collaborative integrated healthcare
- working in partnership
CHF member organisations reach Australian health consumers across a wide range of health interests and health system experiences. CHF policy is developed through consultation, ensuring that CHF maintains a broad, representative, health consumer perspective.
CHF is committed to being an active advocate in the ongoing development of Australian health policy and practice. To learn more about CHF and our work, visit www.chf.org.au